As a purpose driven, value led company, Tricon understands how critical it is to embrace our humanity, and to be understanding and compassionate, especially during this pandemic. Our Purpose Statement and Guiding Principles take center stage at this time and we will do whatever we can to support the well-being of residents and employees. Our physical, social, emotional and financial benefit programs, that already existed, were well designed to help our employees through this crisis, and we further expanded our offerings to include additional services that are tailored to this specific situation. Everything we do is through the lens of care and support.
That’s the culture of Tricon. When you get culture right everything else falls into place and there is no better time to let that shine than right now.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Continued all employees on full pay whether or not we have full time work for them.
- Continued employees who could not work at all due to childcare responsibilities on full -pay for
6 weeks while they made alternate arrangements
- Waived all member cost share (copays, deductibles and coinsurance) for the testing AND
treatment of COVID-19
- Made available a free 24-Hour Helpline, through Cigna Behavioral, that is available to all
employees so they can talk about any stress or anxiety they are feeling during this time
- Implemented immediate paid medical leave for any employee diagnosed with COVID-19
- Offered paid caregiver leave for employees caring for a family member diagnosed with COVID-
- Assured employees with monthly or quarterly incentive plans that Tricon would account for
COVID-19 impacts to operations and continue to pay them the average of what they had
received for the last 3 months
- Provided access to free mental health professionals, via phone or text, through the Employee
- Offered free, live financial planning webinars
- Provided 100% coverage for virtual doctor visits and online health care services for employees
with chronic conditions or who are immune compromised
- Presented well-being modules and challenges geared to staying physically and mentally healthy
- Introduced contests to add some fun into the day- like Jellybean counting.
- Conducted wellness checks- that included personal phone calls to each employee
- Distributed Pulse survey that allow Tricon to tell if there is an area of employee concern that has
not been adequately addressed or a specific geographical region that needs extra care
Tricon has really gone above and beyond to show incredible support to our employees and their families during this turbulent time.